ART ON WALLS is an internal community project for Macleay College in Sydney. The aim is to have a space where we all feel inspired, filled with art that represents us, by us!
Who can contribute to the project?
Students, lecturers and office staff are all encouraged!
When are the submission dates?
Submissions start from 16 September 2014 and close 11.59pm, 5 October 2014.
What do I need to do?
1. Choose a quote you love about education, journalism, business or advertising, you can select anyone you like.
If you are stuck, you can search for quotes/ ideas using these links:
- Education quotes: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_education.htm
- Advertising quotes: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/advertising.html
- Business quotes: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_business.html
- Journalism quotes: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/journalism.html
2. Take an awesome photograph that relates to your quote! The photo can be literal, abstract, metaphorical – in fact anything visual that is inspired by the chosen quote.
- High quality cameras are available from the student services desk of the college, but images can be photographed on any digital camera, smart phone or even a tablet. You should ensure that photo dimensions are set to the highest possible size and resolution available on the relevant device.
- Please photograph your images in HORIZONTAL (landscape) format only!
- If you don’t want to take a new photo, you may have one in your iPhoto library that you have taken a while ago and would like to submit. This is fine too.
- Feel free to submit as many entries as you like.
3. Email your submission (photos and quotes) to: email@example.com
The best 8 high resolution images (2 about education, 2 about journalism, 2 about advertising & 2 from business) will be selected by a panel of staff and students (represented by the student representative council). The quote that inspired each image will be set into the image using the approved Macleay College typefaces by the digital design lecturer Jason Gemenis.
These finished artworks will then be printed in large format and hung around the college as a celebration of the creativity and community spirit that is an essential part Macleay College.
- The selection process will be concluded by week 4. Printing will follow with artworks due to be hung around the college in week 7.
- During the submission period, selected photographs will be displayed on the college website and Facebook page.
…….So what are you waiting for? Find your quote and grab a camera. We can’t wait to see what you come up with.